To go with the theme of it all I have for a gift which fits in with the whole mad hatters do and to show off my creativity I made her a card - I tried to google for ideas for cards but none really seems to have made any I found. So here is one. The image I found on google, its from the original book I believe.
I printed it onto a baige colour cardstock. Inked the edges in purple and using a Kaiser Craft stamp, I stamped the image of HAPPY BIRTHDAY in clear ink and used black embossing poweder on it - finished it off be inking the edges and matting both of these images. Torn a bit of script paper from a now deleted Grant Archival range of papers (one that i love to bits) inked this in gold, the very back ground image is from My Minds Eye.
I had a bag of buttons with different shapes and colours, found a teapot one, put a bit of clear ink on it an some copper metalic embossing powder and purely experimented with this to see if it would melt the plastic or not - thankfully it didnt and Im really happy with the distressed look of it. Finished it off by knoting a little bit of raffia on it. Made a bow and added a few embellishments and finished it off with a Crown from a Fiskar Ink by Step range of stamps in gold embossing powder.
My mate Toni LOVES this card..! And Im really happy also with the over all finished piece!
And just a little bit upclose to show some of the detail on the card.
0 comments:
Post a Comment