So last night I made the very hard choice of closing down my facebook account - I was starting to get annoyed at the number of people using it as a means of stalking me for information, gossip and amonition to use against me. OK I am a VERY outspoken person and in all honesty I dont see how people can tell me what I can and can NOT write on my facebook or post, much the same goes for my blog. Its MY facebook page, its MY blog I do and say what ever I please. If you dont like it dont read, and most certainly you dont have to post your views on it.
The second reason against me closing my account down was because of the Negative comments coming from people about me being pregnant. The negativity has been there from day one, so yes I have been putting up with this for 5months now, given that we found out on the 1st of Jan we were expecting our little girl - but it seems like I am the worlds worst mother and should not be allowed to have children at all. I dont see why this is, I mean I look back at what I have done, I have completed high school, I have worked for various places to get expereince, and I have also worked for some of the top restaurantuers, I have won medals and competed in compitions, I have had my work printed, I have endless number of qualifications under my belt that I have worked hard for, putting my jobs on hold to carry out further education with the plan to go back in a couple of years time to possibly do my Bachelors. OK so what if I live with my mum, I help pay and care for the house we live in, I help look after her when she is sick, I pay rent I dont live here for free. I have my full licence and my own car that I pay for everything on.
Its not like I am a high school drop out who has never worked in her life, has no life skills and no qualifications with no intention of ever working or doing anything at all with their life - I have always been and still am very much focus and dedicated to my career - if you think having a child is going to stop me from reaching my major career goal of owning and operating my Restaurant and Bar that ive been dreaming of and planning since I was 16 then your so very wrong.
I get this major pressure from people that I should put my daughter up for adoption, because they see me as unfit, and all these other negative views - the sad thing is half of this comes from people who are parents themself, and all I can say is why didnt YOU put your child up for adoption? How is it that your soooo much better and deserving of a child than I am? Is it because you dont live with your parents? Is it because your rolling in money? Is it because your married? Or is it because your just being judgemental of other people and their life style with this stereotype and image of what the perfect parents and perfect child and perfect family is meant to be like? Im sorry to say, this isnt like it is in the movies....or on TV.
It was such a hard thing closing my account down for me - there were people who I am very close to that I havent told - infact one being my cousin who's daughter is fighting Neuroblastoma Cancer, facebook was one of the biggest ways we communicated and that she shared her updates on her daughter's progress and day to day life. I feel bad that I didnt send her a message telling her why I had closed my account down. She is one of the most amazing people in my life now, one of my biggest support people and I am very appreciative of that. When everyone else has been negative towards me, she has always been positive and I want to thank her for that. I only managed to send one message to my childhood best friend, we talk everyday now, and I feel horrible as we have only just gotten back in touch with each other - and she is all the way over in Perth now. I also didnt get to tell Robbie's SIL and brother that I had closed my account - but I can easily send them a text.
So here I am living life without Facebook - it is hard, I am getting bored more than I use to, I have nothing really to do on the internet anymore. I just realised I had planted crops and stuff on my Cityville city....what a waste that was...not that Ive played it or Farmville for a while, my addiction to those two games are somewhat slided since getting pregnant (lol cheers Robbie for inviting my to play them and leading me into becoming addicted to playing them!!!).
I just cant believe how much negativity and judgemental comments have been coming from my Friends, Family and Co workers about me having a baby - about me actually having a child make it past 6wks of gestation.
1 comments:
Fiska-Huggs Bee,
I'm sorry you had to even "say" all of this. Good for you for standing up for yourself.
We are never given more than we can handle. So trust and believe that this is the path you are to be on and continue to do as much as you can with all that you have. You are a mommy to be and shouldn't wasting these precious moments stressing over other people and their well-intentioned advice.
#5734
Post a Comment