Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day..!!
I worked my first Mother's Day in 3yrs, and I was so happy that I got to, it's one of the BIGGEST days in Hospitality...!! Langham puts on a fantastic Mother's Day Afternoon Tea they do, and the whole ball room is fulled with a buffet of the most devine treats, that are to die for..! It also teamed as a charity event for Hearing House. All the people I spoke to from my tables and other guests were blown away by the day and were enjoying every minute of it all. I wish I had gotten my mum a ticket, but I just couldnt afford it. Then she would of had to wait around for a few hours after it finished for me to finish up at work as she had dropped me off - me and driving just aint working well now, Amealia protests alot while Im driving, and I am getting very dizzy when I go out anywhere with my ears blocking up when driving.
One of my co workers said Happy Mother's Day to me, it was so sweet, and a few others found out I was pregnant and were being so careful with what I was doing haha...I must say my work are very good when it comes to my care with me being pregnant especially management. For a while I felt that they werent impressed with me being pregnant and were trying to stop me from working due to being pregnant but now I can see its them taking care and caution knowing I have lost one child already and knowing that the nature of my job is very labour intensive and not the ideal environment to be in when pregnant.
I made a GREAT start to my shift though by walking into a giant screen...and hitting myself in the cheek bone just missing my eye....with a little tiny cut to my check and bruising I am feeling rather silly and sorry for myself...I blame baby brain, but I was disoriented for a while after hitting it, it was pretty good hit almost knocked myself out, and spilt water everywhere from my water jugs. I then had hot tea spilt on me TWICE by a guy who is doing work experience....I was NOT impressed at all...thankfully no burns or anything...
Other than that, over all it was a good day, Im proud of doing 8.5hours work, pushing myself and taking only a couple of breaks - and dealing with the heat and long duration on my feet.
I still owe my mummy a mother's day present however..! Not sure what to get her, but Im sure me and Amealia will think of something for all three of her Nana's to send.
Hope you all had a great day..!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment