Wednesday, 17 March 2010

RIP Uncle Peter Withy


RIP PETER MICHAEL WITHY
7th May 1934 - 13th March 2010

Such a lovely service and a very large turn out today to my Uncle's funeral. My first funeral Ive been to where I have actually taken photos of it, I dont know why I did, but something about it made me want to capture the feelings....might scrap it. I also got to see the graves of my ancestors who came over from Wales to NZ...it was very surreal seeing their graves...Ive seen photos of them that are held at the Whakatane Museum.

It was a little mini family reunion in a way too! I told my Aunty Margaret (who is my Uncle Peter's sister as well as my Nana's) that we had to have a big family reunion again, we had one in 2002 a few months before my niece was born, she said it was a great idea, i said we will see you in two years for it then..!


Few pics from the burial and my ancestors graves.




0 comments: