Thursday, 4 March 2010

Birthday Cards

Ok so Ive been just a litle busy - Im not very good at making cards, but after the last one I made for my boss in December that I was pretty proud of I have given it another shot this past week...with three birthdays in early March...two of my friends gourgous little girls both turning two and of course my mate Drewyz birthday....

This is Imogen's card - she LOVES the Wotwotss to death at the moment so I have made her a card to go with my girft which was an outfit with the WotWots on it - I would not have known what to have gotten her with out the help of Drewyz giving me an idea of the WotWots and then figuring out how much she loves them....worked out great...! I had to search all over the internet to get a picture of them, I had one that i coloured in but it didnt work out, so I eventually settled for this - its hard to tell in this pic, but the image is sitting up on foam tape, and there are litle rinestone gems on the knobs to their spaceship seats....

Next we have Aysha's card, I wanted to try a cupcake card, they seem to be the craze in cards at the moment so Ive seen on sites and stuff, again I googled to get an idea but couldnt find anything I liked fully, I have to say thank you to the Fiskateers I had one member who did cut out die cuts and scanned them for me to use as templates but I ended up drawing this one freelance and cut it out with my Fiskars USX. I then used a crimper on the bottom to make it look like it was in a cupcake paper. I was going to use a real one but it didnt work out...


Lastly is my card for Drewyz....I love this card, google really is my friend but it wasnt in trying to find a card that was DJ related...I knew what I wanted I just needed to find something to work from....I managed to find a picture of some turn table scratch card thingy...not sure what they really are but I liked the picture so I worked off that for my design for it - I had previously asked Drewyz what his favourite colours were without giving TOO much away to him on what i was doing, I did get his colours from him followed by a "Why's That?? To which I had to come up with some little white lie...! :p I wanted to make this card just a little bit interative..I didnt have any black brads so I had to emboss my gold brads I have with black embossing powder, however this isnt staying on fully....Infact Im not sure if I have seen black brads at that..! But it was a quick fix, and its all about being innovative right? I also embossed alot of the silver bits too....I made the turn tabe somewhat moveable....and I was able to write "Dj Drewyz and 45th Revolution Productions" on the turn table. Im pretty proud of this card....

0 comments: