RIP PETER WITHY
Been a bit of a rough day, I have spent it out with the crew from Unite Union (I will post a proper blog on this in the next few weeks or so..) I had a phone call from my mum asking me what time I was going to be home - we had known for a while that Uncle Peter wasnt doing well health wise, so it was expected to happen we were just waiting, mum had a call from her mum saying that Uncle Peter passed away. I had a little cry about it and decided it was time to head home to be with mum knowing she was close to her Uncle somewhat....
Unfortunately, I was driving my car which had its registration expired on it again...Im usually petty careful with this, and Im known to drive around for a couple of weeks until I can afford to renew my rego, I was waiting for money still to come through from the wedding invites I had done in Jan of this year...to pay for it longer than I usually go for - it was dark I was upset and I was travelling on a road that is having serious road works done on it, and I know that going into the city it is a 80km zone however I had never noticed that going south the other way it is 70kms....this isnt the first time Ive had this problem with roads having two speed limits in the same area but in different direction for example my first speeding fine - but out of no where a cop appear and he did me over big time, not even telling him I was on my way home to my mothers who just lost her uncle...he didnt really care, infact he was so rude he just dumped my ticket in my car window and drove off....he didnt even explain the conditions of how to go about paying for the fine - I was fined for speeding and for having no rego but given 14 days to get me rego and that would be wiped....though he didnt tell me I had to apply for that and stuff..!
I was so upset it took me a long time to start driving back home after being pulled over..I had to ring mum...usually Im one who tries to keep my fines away from her...! Just awaiting for funeral details to come through, Im partly excited about driving down to Whakatane to where my family is from....its going to be like a mini road trip..hehe...
0 comments:
Post a Comment