It was while I was in the bathroom just coming out that I had a lady go to enter the toilet and asked me as I was washing my hands if I was Jewish I looked in the mirror and said no Im Wiccan...and I knew full well she had seen my pentagram necklace....she told me they were all Christians and Im like oh cool cool...and she went into this big huge bible bash and I hate it when people do that - Ive studied different religion in Religious Education during high school I may not have come first in RE (well partly because I wasnt a good little Catholic and refused to say pray when asked too...and she should have learnt nothing would budge me into going back to being a Catholic come my final year I spent at that school not even some of my best friends telling me come back to God Bronwyn...would work) and yes anyway I have a big respect for any faith and religion - I mean I work in Hospitality and I study it too...and Ive studied Tourism as well and have worked in the sectors..I have to have a respect for religions and for cultures...
Its one thing meeting people with different views and opinions, but its another thing when you push it so much onto someone...that is wrong! Completely wrong...! Sure its fine to educate, but not when its not wanted, you have to want it...your religion calls to you...and this lady telling me to ask God for my calling again is wrong...because its not me...and believe me, Ive gone from being a Roman Catholic...(nothing will take away those records in my church and my certificates up on my wall saying I am one) to Wicca and then a stint being Secular Humanist till I learnt Wicca was my calling...
I have bestest friends who are Chrisitans...so deeply too...it doesnt stop me being friends with them, Ive gone to my nephews dedication mass...both me and Rob went..even though we arent deeply religious...and we sit on a similar path..(and I swear thats not what drew me to Rob him saying he would take me to the store in Devonport....it was his eyes that I was drawn into awwwww) - but yea...I even had my close friends wife look to me one day when a group of kids from their sunday school asked where babies came from because she didnt know what to answer...to which I replied God will tell you one day...
Anyway - to finish this off....and because Im kinda over people coming up to me in malls and stuff asking me if Im Jewish.... Im not...! Im WICCAN AND PROUD OF IT!!
Please note the different between the PENTAGRAM and the STAR OF DAVID!
The Pentagram


The Star of David
0 comments:
Post a Comment