So this past week was pretty good! The summary follows.
MONDAY:
I clocked in at work and was given the money to go to the bank with to get our change for the tills, I love this job for some reason lol. It was when I came back that my manager told me the police had rung looking for me. She told me their name and Im totally lost on it going WTF!? Are you sure....my brain is ticking over going OMG who could it be, could it be some nasty person with a grudge against me causing trouble again....surely its got nothing to do with my small debt I am sorting out with WINZ...It must be a prank...its got to be....no Police would just ring up looking for me and then say they would send a squad car down to the bank to get me - how could they when they dont know which bank I was at...and believe me there is one of every bank in Hurstmere Road! My heart races and I texted Rob, Yaz, Shann and Justin...mentioning it - Yaz replied with a OMG! Rob with a Tell them to get F'ed (is policy after my trouble I have in 2007 with an unsworn cop doing an unwarrented background check on me..) and I had a missed call from Justin.....I asked my manager which station, and what their position was....she told me it just Takapuna Police....Im like they wouldnt call like that I know Ive dealth with big bosses at police staitons in the pass who have rung me for things....suddenly the phone rings at work Im like ahaha thats probably the "police" and I answer and there we go...I knew the voice and Im like alright he's just taking the piss out of me because I told him....only it turns out my darling former co worker from up the road was pranking me! I can not believe he got me again!! The last prank he pulled on me was getting me to put orders through and giving me the numbers and one was for a gentlemen's club! I must say it was a crack up - he did it knowing full well my manager would talk - and it was funny enough that when he rang and said he would send a car down that a real cop car went past (a week later and we are still finding it funny)...
TUESDAY:
It was a pretty quiet day at work, Im at this stage guessing its going to be like this for another month or so - perhaps till after Waitangi Weekend...who knows...my big boss was in the kitchen with the new head chef, and it was just me and the boss on the floor. I had removed the old menus out ready for the new ones to go in, and cleaned the chairs all down in and outside the restaurant. I had set up the soapy water bucket up outside for the tables outside, and wipped the bar down and taken a few phone calls while my bosses were in a meeting. It was while I putting the new menus in that I suddenly broke out in a sweat, and had a pain going through my tummy and chest, and wanted to be sick and was extremely dizzy - I went to the bathroom but came back out...I needed to be off the ground...I came out and my boss saw me and asked me if I was ok I said no that I felt dizzy...he looked at me and said sit down...(he was in the middle of updating the computers with the new menu) and I ended up sliding down the wall onto the ground....I freaked the poor guy out..he grabbed a chair and helped me up into it and then rang my mum to come get me...he then transfered me to the booth seats...and left me there for half and hour checking on me in the middle of doing other things...after an hour I was back on my feet feeling fine...thankfully it was pretty quiet and we only had a few people come in after I collapsed on him....my mum finally came and took me home (my sister came with her to take her car back in order for my car to be taken back) and yea...Ive since learnt that my Great Aunty passed away around the time I collapsed... - nothing like bringing a bit of excitment to a boring day at work I say..!
WEDNESDAY:
ANother boring day, my manager wasnt going to let me sign on, she was convinced I was sick and shouldnt be at work and brought someone in as back up which was a waste as I managed to get on just fine at work..most of us had met up together at the Grange for a few drinks, and those of use that werent working or had finished went off to our co worker Philippe's for his farewell party! And that was a blast...we had a big juggling show from his ex's wife's husband....with fire pois and all...and I had my Jan edition of the NEXT maggie signed by Philippe and his youngest son Max - as their is an article about their family in it...I did very well not drinking and sticking purely to cranberry juice that night...took some great photos and was given Philippe's details for in France....I will miss you so much!! I cant wait till you come back to NZ so I can take you on that promised road trip to Rotorua!
THURSDAY:
I went over to Yaz's to go to her mate's house to pick up Martini...we took a whole pile of photos of the kittens....Martini is another blog story later! We took Martini back to my house and from there we headed over to the shore and had lunch at Latin Larder....it was just an afternoon full of laughter, but then Justin just adds that to a day....after lunch and farewelling the big guy goodbye with a hug...we walked down to the car waving out to my boss as we went past work and drove down to the beach to show Yaz the view from work...and off to Westfield Shore City shops and went shopping. I brought a cow toy that is a puppet and it sings - it moos when its sings...its hard to explain i would have to make a video...but I got it for my sister, and I was torn between if I give it as a late Xmas present, keep it till July for her birthday or till April when she has my nephew...then mum said it should be a present for the new baby..and so it is! haha...We then went to Farmers and looked at clothes, I walked away with a halter neck top, a strapless baby doll dress and a top for mum and Yaz walked away for a black top...I said we werent leaving till she found something for herself of I would feel stink coming out with all the bags and her with none...it was a big laugh trying clothes on and showing each other....I had one top that well didnt fit me at all...it just feel off and i couldnt show her but she demanded I showed it I had to hold it up otherwise it would fall straight off....she then tried it on...hahaha...
FRIDAY:
It was a horrid day at work, my manager yet again made me wait and wasnt going to let me sign on....serious this whole eww your sick thing is pathetic! Im fine! Once I did sign on it was just a big night of arguments and I ended up leaving I had no other option but to walk out - I would have said something I would either regret or could have cost me my job...I went and cried myself to sleep in the car on the roof of work...waking up two hours later - I couldnt go home as I was taking one of my co workers home...he felt bad making me wait so long I wasnt bothered though...it felt good being able to tell him what was pissing me off at work early on...how ever once I got home I decided I wasnt going to let it ruin my good week so far...
SATURDAY:
I left uber early for work, I took my co worker in who started a few hours before I did - and went and sat out the back of Latin for a good hour reading a book...before going to back to work and sitting in the bar till dinner was served and then till I was able to sign on. While I was in the bar waiting a massive moth flew in - it was amazing with gorgous markings. My boss and me were just standing there watching it...and he called a co worker over to look at it and upon doing so as i got my camera out it flew off back out the window...sadly I got no photo! It was a good night, had a great table in and with my high detail to attention and service resulted in my tip from them.
SUNDAY:
Its getting annoying at work with it so quiet and having to wait to sign on now...I miss the days of walking into work and being told to sign straight on even when Im in early...I sure hope it picks up. I went home a few hours later...I just wasnt feeling too good with a sore tummy again. I went and stopped by Latin to say hello to Rob and Justin...and to see if they liked their Xmas present then headed home....I spent most of the night in bed resting...trying to bid sleep...which didnt come until 1am or later...
All in all a great week if i dont say so! And may I say - I went to Starbucks for the first time in my life during this week!! I took photos to show Ms. Jackie so she would be proud of me....shes just a Starbucks Junkie I tell you!! And while I was there I spotted something that would be cool to send her....I will have to go back and see how much they are...
This week hasnt been too bad so far. I signed up for my first ATC swap in Fiskateers and Im looking forward to it...! Ive never done one before and I had some friends from there tell me I would make some good ones...so I thought why not...I have till May to get them made by, which I pretty good, I start Uni in a month and a half time! That reminds me I need to go to the Chef shp and get the rest of my uniform for uni and all my text books too...One of my co workers has my book list and is going to see what he can sort out for me...I have got books on hold second hand with someone but they are due to leave the country and havent given me a price of what they want for them all....I can not afford them fully...most of them are a hundred or two hundred odd dollars each...sooo expensive....and once I finish uni I think I will hold off doing any more further study! At least unitl I pay off more of my student loans! Pref half of them...
I just wanted to say thanks to Fiskateers and to the lovely memebers who have sent me things in the mail...!! I realllly appreciate it...and I cant say it more than enough THANK YOU!! You really are amazing...Ive never found such a warm friendly site before...
I have a few packages that are now in transit to America for some Fiskateer friends... :o) And I know I have a few more still coming, I got one today...YAY!! I can start my Thomas pages!! And I really need to start using all the goodies Michelle sends to me...bless you Michelle your like a god sent Aunty to me!
Tuesday, 13 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment