HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I had a pretty goood day at work..Started at 11.30am and we were quiet...but it was a good day. Got a bit excited when I saw the Toll Priority van go past and Im standing there at a table with meals and its like awwwwww ROBBIE!!!! Lol...till I snapped out and remembered what I was doing lol...I think I may just have to ask for more day shifts now! We had been talking about things going on at work for a while and like how we should spend more time together outside of work like they use to in the older days...
It wasnt long after that when I was asked if I could go to Albany to help out for a few hours there...I said yes..yay!! ive waited 9 months for a shift there lol...I was also scared about going there after being told the stories of what their boss is like...
After we signed off - most of us were on doubles, we started with a few drinks in the bar then moved up the road to the copper room - I had couple of drinks when I started to feel sick and got dizzy - I shouldnt have been drinking in the first place with liver damage but I had fun...
I was put in the back of a co workers car and taken to work...I walk and was greeted with a massive hug from one of my other co workers there, and I was shown around and I was blown away at the size of their location and their bar is massive its the size of our restaurant! AND they have like 6 TVs and fireplaces....I was put on the outside section - I ended up doing more than a few hours, my boss rang up asking when he could have me back and was told they still needed me....poor guy. Lol...I was missing them alot, Ive discovered having done this shift there just how close I am to my co workers, and how intimate it is having a smaller site compared to the others in our Chain. It was so busy I was working up a sweat and I was feeling alot better by the end of the night than I did at the start after the last drink I had...
We ended the night off with Champange, pavlova and dancing and singing to Aud Lang Syne...from Albany we went back to Takapuna to a co workers place where they had a Taxi to go into the city with - how ever while i was took back to work to collect my car, they all turnt up there too and had sent their taxi off.....then it was a Bronwyn can take us...which I was ok with, only it turnt out their was six of them to which I had to lay my foot down....I ended up taking the boys into the city and girls somehow met us there....I dropped them off in the Viaduct....
They begged me to come with them but I said no that I was going home...I would have loved to have stayed out but I wanted to get home and to bed and have me a big salad to munch down on. Haha...We hugged and kissed each other good bye and I drove off - not fast as I was stuck in a mental traffic jam of Taxis in the city that were just sitting and not moving and blocking the streets....RETARDS!!! I dont care if they were uber busy with it being New Years you dont jame the one way streets or park on yellow lines and blocking entraces to other roads and stuff! Honestly people...!!!! I got home at about 3am...and crashed not long after finishing my salad..
All in all - It wasnt too bad a New Year's Eve....how ever you cant beat my New Year's Ever seeing 2007 - that was my best.
Lets see how 2009 goes eh?? I have some resolutions which I will write up later...
*To clean my debt out the WINZ created for me early last year, pay off my mechanics, and my loans. And become Fincially stable again.
*To better my friendship and relationship I hold with Roberto - this year we are not having any fights!! And to spend more time with him in between work, uni and to help support him in raising his son...(you know Im there for you for everything hun)
*To take more strongly in the lessons I have been taught over the past five years from Roberto about walking away from things and not letting them get me down.
*To keep fighting my battle with SI, and to live a SIF life...while being a better peer support person on SIA.
*To do well in my studies, and to prove to my University that I will make it through the next year and half the same way I did the first half a year.....and to get good grades and pass all my papers.
And yea....god there are heaps more probably but those are a few of them.
Photos from work below..
Thursday, 1 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment