While Im on a slight roll getting things organised for my baby shower which is only two weeks away, I finally decided I needed to get some more games together. In a bid to save money I have been using photoshop alot to create alot of designs for games and printing them off. I found on Trade Me and a few other sites while looking for game ideas scratchy cards for baby showers and I decided I wanted to make them for a little spot door price - so it was with the help of google that I searched the idea and found a few different methods to make them. Some had people actually buying already made scratchy stickers that you can stick down on your project others had actually methods. I found one that had quiet alot to it and seemed expensive (ie paraffin wax and embossing powder) but this one is a simple easy and cost effective way to make them.
What you need to make your scratchy cards is:
- Card with design on it
- Clear Contact Paper (clear duraseal)
- ACRYLIC Metallic Paint
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Scissors/Trimmer/Punches
STEP 1: Print your design out onto cardstock, it pays to do a test run to get your size right on a piece of printer paper - this gives you the opportunity to figure out what size you need to cut your Clear Contact Paper too for your scratchy part to be over. (I used the Fiskars Lever Punch Circle Medium to cut out mine) Once you have done this, adhere the contact over the image/word you want to be hidden to later be scratched out.
STEP 2: Mix together in a paint palete or container TWO parts acrylic paint with ONE part of washing up liquid.
STEP 3: Paint over the clear contact - allow to dry and apply another coat or two if needed to make sure the image/word can not be seen.
Once fully dry they are ready to scratch away...!!
3 comments:
What a fun tutorial Bronwyn - thank you!!!
Looks like you are going to have a lovely baby shower and I'm sure your cute scratchies will be a real hit :)
Thanks Tracy - my painting on the circles isnt that great. I made a template to paint over from an ice cream container only the pain mix bleed under it and so I lost a good copy..! I think I should of tried it on a scrap piece of paper first before doing it on the real thing. But it was my first time making them.
Might put a couple more coats on as some you can still see the image under it.
These are really cool Bronwyn! I'm thinking of a few great ideas like your shower scratchies for Christmas, or some other gathering. Anyway, the painting looks good. If it was perfect, they wouldn't look like real scratchies.
Post a Comment