I posted already a while ago the invites I made up for my baby shower, and possibly the baby word scramble I put together (deprived from a game I found for sell online but I made it for New Zealand like with some words, and taking out a few words and replacing them with others.)
I printed these both out on cardstock - my invites went out in pink envelopes with a wish list inserted with it to give guests an idea of what they could get if they decided to bring a present - things that are still on the list of things we still need to get, but of course not limited to just those things. I sealed them with a little sticker that said "It's a girl" - it was a slightly time consuming process as my printer decided it would start playing up and not print straight anymore, as much as I tried to correct the alingment it just wasnt working so we had to go out and buy a new printer..! (this one has a fax built in with it, which ive yet to test out but our fax started effecting our phoneline about 8 months ago so we had to get rid of it...and YES people do still use them..!!)
I also made some scratchy cards. Which I posted a tutorial too, it was so much fun trialling it out. I cant wait to see how they work on the actual day. My biggest project has been my favours. I had a friend who has a little girl who is 7 months old, and she has been collecting baby food jars for me since her daughter went onto solids....with a few I had left over and a few my sister had, I had enough to get busting out and altering them all into favours to give to my guests. I sterilised them all in milton, and the lids I boiled up with a bit of water and baking soda (since according to milton's box it says metallic items cant be put into the salution). I couldnt find paper I liked, so I printed out a design I had download a while back which I have used on my invites. I cut it down to size, and with a bit of ribbon, scrapbooking paper, and some cute little elephant charms I put them all together, and finished them off with a personalised message.
I struggled trying to find inspiration for them, google wasnt OVERLY friendly to me, but I had found a few blogs and stuff with similar things on them - couple of them had photos of the baby on them with dates, Im not sure if this date was the date of the baby shower or the actual birth date...but the photos seemed to be of the baby after birth.....for me the closest thing I have to a real photo of my little girl is one of her in a 3D/4D Scan we have had done (ive had two done) - so I popped that one with a little message along with the date of my baby shower.
I also brought an 8oz baby bottle to create a game, I did this game at my friend's baby shower I hosted last year only I used a standard narrow neck bottle for it with mixed M&Ms in it. For mine I decided to throw in a challenge of using one of those bottles that have the hole in the middle of them (I dont know what you call them) and I put in plain M&Ms and MINI M&Ms... I sat there counting each m&m into the bottle too..!! Writing down somewhere how many were in it...I really wanted to have PINK and GREEN Pebbles as that is the nick name our daughter has...but that wasnt going to work, I was going to use Pebbles but it just wasnt going to work out cost wise...m&ms seem to be the next closest thing...they all look the same, candy coated chocolate..!
Recycled Baby Food Jars - Altered for Baby Shower Favours
Details on Lid and around Neck of Jar
Personalised Message on the Jars
Guess How Many Lollies Game
Baby Word Scrambled Game
Scratchy Match and Win Lotto Tickets Game
0 comments:
Post a Comment