Its only a WEEK until my baby shower - and I have been working hard on getting favours and games sorted out for it, very hard task to do when you dont have final numbers so I made to roughly how many invites I sent out. And I have learnt today 2days off the RSVP date I put on those invite that well I have made 3 times the amount Im more than likely going to be needing. Im really upset about it all, I was floored to be honest and I also started to have an anxiety attack over it all, been a few months since I had a major one of those last one would of been about the time some psycho nut bar girl tried to put a major wedge between my daughter and her daddy and seperating the two and taking them away and trying to distroy our little family.
Anyway - I discovered today that some of my so called "friends" really arent friends at all like I thought, slightly peeved at how the world is turning into one where no one RSVPs to things, its highly rude infact and I dont know if it more annoying and a pet peeve to me because I work in the sector of Hospitality that deals with Events, Functions and Banqueting where I know first hand how much hard work goes into the planning and organisation, the preperation, decorating and set up and also the catering not to mention the money spent on it all. I can work a function where I have 900 people for dinner, thats 1800 entree forks, 1800 entree knives, 900 dessert spoons, 900 main forks, 900 main knives, 900 side plates, 900 red wine glasses, 900 white wine glasses, 900 water glasses, 900 ramikins, 180 sets of salt and pepper grinders, 180 sets of oil and vinegarette bottles, 90 table number stands, 27000 candle holders, 900 nakpins, 90 bread baskets, 180 butter plates with 900 rounds of butter on them that have to prepped, polished, folded and set out by me and my department. So yes I get a little anal over RSVPing to events with people....after all your not really paying for anything except for an optional gift, no one most certainly not me expecting you to spend up large on a present....a present after all is just the thought that counts at the end of the day. So yes I find its just slightly rude when people DONT RSVP to something....
All I can say is thank god I didnt start buying food and drinks..!! My biggest fear was having a repeat of my 21st and over catering cause I sent out invites to people and they didnt RSVP and that was people who specifically asked me for an invite...(thankfully my work place at the time came in late after they finished work and cleaned the food all up and the drinks too). I had created a list of foods I was going to have...but at least now I am only going to be catering for a few people - people who I know now really are my friends and will be there for me as my daughter grows up. There are a few people I invited who I know couldnt make it for real true reasons, for example they are overseas or going away....they have to work a 660 pax function (thats my co workers I invited) and some have other prior arrangement for that day. But a selected few I have now started to think about the number of times I have gone to things they have put on, and how Ive gone out of my way travelling to them for such things or taking time off work to attend to have them not RSVP.....to have ME chasing them up and then having them going oh sorry yea cant come. Ive decided now if I get invited by them to something again, I dont think I will bother going now...
My anxiety attack today from all of this centralised about how I invted people and they didnt RSVP, and me chasing them up about to have about 33.3% of those people say NO. I then had a heart breaking vision of my little girl sitting at a table, little party hat on her head, cake in front of her with a candle burnt out and melted into the icing of a cake, table/room fully decorated for her birthday and NO guests at all....if thats how people are towards a celebration towards her pending arrival what are they going to be like when it comes to special events like her birthday...(thankfully Im not religious and she isnt having a Christening!!).
SO I ask - what happened to good old RSVPing to events?? With technology these days, sending an email, a text, a facebook message or even picking up the phone the old fashion way not enough to say yes or no?
0 comments:
Post a Comment