Thursday, 13 November 2008

Scraplifting

Scraplifting (skrap-lift-ing) – The act of copying ideas and designs from another person’s scrapbook page to use in your own pages. Designs or ideas can be copied in whole or in part and is largely subjective. - Source: scrapjazz.com








A while ago, my best friend Jade had taken a gorgous photo of her son Rhiley, I loved the colours in the photo, she also had changed it to black and white - thats it down on my profile... :p


For a while I had been wating to make a scrapbook page of him, and I asked if I could and Jade said yes - on the terms I did one for him, so what better way to make a duplicate layout, that way there wouldnt be the whole ok which one do I keep and which one do I give if we both liked one layout more than the other and stuff..

I was trawlling through the gallery on Scrapbook.com and fell upon a layout that I liked, and decided to scraplift it. You can see it HERE - thank you to the original artist who did this layout - your work is really awesome!

My main thing was to match the colours in the photo - to pull out the bright colour from Rhi's bandana....and to make it pretty boyish...people say they struggle scrapping boys...I semi agree, its a process of using the right colours, and I have done a few layouts with boys in them.


It took me only a day or two to finish my layouts, thats both of them...and I shared little sneak previews with Jade...lol who was loving every bit of it...! And does love the finished layout. I can not wait to deliver it personally at the end of the month..



MY FINISHED PRODUCT






I uploaded my layout onto Fiskateers and it was only yesturday that I was going through my gallery on there that I noticed Donna (aka Beach Girl Donna) had commented some time ago that she was lifting my lift...! I searched in returnt through her gallery to find her layout and I found it!! Her and her twin (or do I say Triplet??) sister Deborah (aka Groovy Deborah - my luffly friend) have been doing a big scraplifting challenge together for some months now....and I was picked for their Letter B....! These are Donna's and Deborah's layouts.


DONNA'S LAYOUT


Deborah is checking to see if she actaully did this lift or not :p



Isnt it fun to see the difference???

0 comments: