Sidney Watters
3rd March 1929 - 28th July 1986
3rd March 1929 - 28th July 1986
Its 25yrs since you lost your battle with cancer. I was only 3.5wks old, and I had only just met you for the first and only time two weeks before you passed away. I dont have any memories of you, I dont have any stories to tell, but its the stories and the photos that are shared with me from mum and Karee that keep you alive and build a picture in my mind of who you were and what you would of been like if you were still here today.
When ever I go to work, I think of you, as much as I hate how far away from the changing room my locker is I love how its right next to housekeeping...and that is where I feel so close to you. I was on a mission to find baby photos of nana and mum for a baby shower game I have planned, and we were going through the old trunk nana keeps under the bed full of photos, postcards, letters, cards, school reports and other things. And she handed me a photo of you, one I have never seen before, I scanned it and restored it, there was only slight damage to it...but its another treasured photo of you I now keep close to me. Its of you at work as a dry cleaner.....we have these same steam press at work, and I remember one time my supervisor taking me down to use them to get creases out of table clothes (there are some clients who are so up on detail they dont like having the creases in linen and so we have to iron ever single napkin/table cloth so they are gone) - and she told me to use it and I turnt around and said I was very sorry that those genes didnt pass through to me, so many pedals and levels to push and pull...!
I miss you so greatly, and I never really knew what it was that mum and Karee cried over at your grave when I was a child, I use to think it was silly but as I have gotten older I now understand it. Even more so now in the past few years, since losing my first baby...who would of been born on your birthday, but sadly passed away 24days shy of your 21st anniversary. I know he is up in heavan with you, and your being such an amazing and loving great grandfather to him, just like you were as a grandfather and father. I also know your up in heavan with your son, and that your not alone or unhappy.
I will always love you and never forget you, even if I dont hold memories in my mind of you, not even that one and only time we got to met, but I know I was very lucky to have had that cuddle with you. Thank you for holding on long enough for me to be born and to met me.
Love always "Your Little Angel"

0 comments:
Post a Comment