Work last night was funny but also scary....my Big Boss was in so it was strictly business, and it was like a war grown as he was pretty angry sounding especially with my boss...i spent the night with my Newbie whom I am training up in the kitchen as runner while the other one was on floor and I was straight to business..I had my big boss come to me saying i have to push desserts..its like yea ok (how when I am meal runner..) and later in the night he asked me how many I have sold I said none which isnt good I know, but I havent been on the floor tonight....I sold ONE by the end of the night...not good when he wants up to sell at least 50 or so a night..we have new specials again...and more desserts added to the menu...

After lunch I headed over to the scrapbook store near work and got some things for these RAKs I feel so budget with what i got..Got to get one more thing for the main winner...will probably get that next week as Ive now officially spent this weeks budget. Ooops.
Towards the end of the night when everyone had gone home and it was just the boys in the bar and me left to run what was left in the restaurant me and my boss were trying not to giggle over a customer who was completely out of it and had far to much to drink...she could hardly walk at all. And was just hooking onto any guy she could to get more drinks...I was told to watch her as she hadnt paid her bill...and she went to leave when I pulled her up and confronted her about if she had paid..she came in stumbling about trying to stand up and everything in her bag falls out....me and my boss were just like...shaking our heads...she disappeared after that to come back with
another guy a few mins later....claiming to have lost her phone but it was in her hand the whole time...which was a bit funny when like 15 mins later she was like OH MY PHONE I FOUND IT!! I wonder what the big boss said about it when he watched the security cams and found her coming behind the bar trying to snog one of the boys...
I didnt get to sleep till 3am this morning...I dont know why...I ended up sleepi
ng with my radio on all night it was that bad...I havent had this kind of problem for a while - sometimes I have the whole waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep for a while and then finding out the next day that someone I know has passed away...Maybe it was due to the fact I felt so empty and naked with out my navel peircing - I had it done last year as a symbol of where I was connected to my mother and where my baby was connected to me for those oh so short 6 weeks...but I have been battling it for a year this peircing....and my body has faught so hard to get rid of it, and its finally done so. Im not happy with it...but what can I do?? Just a process of waiting forit to completely heal over and let the dead skin and stuff die off and fall off...but I tell you if those two nobs that were once my peircing remain Im going to go see my doctor and see if he can do his handy work with a scalpel and remove them...otherwise Im going to have majob anxiety attacks and be depressed and stuff...which I dont want.
ANYWAY...
8.30am I think it was I woke up and I dragged myself out of bed and into the car and dropped mum off at work, then went back home had a piece of toast, gave the dog a worming tablet and some munchies for the fun of it...then jumped in the shower....straighten my hair after I got out and go glammed up to go out....went and picked mum up from work, got gas since mums car was out of gas...(grrr damn petrol prices when are they going to go back down!???)
I had Julia texting me saying she was on her way then Claire asking me wh
ere I was...haha Im sorry I was running late but thats becoming something new about me now...I blame the traffic...go figure I guess...When we got there I found the girls outside with water and menus....and I went ahead inside to go say Hello to Justin...
Had a perve over the menu then went up to the cabinets to see what goodies Justin had in there....and he told me he would make me a sammie...hehe....so I had that...poor man he called me over to get some of the meals he had made for us and said he didnt have an pastrami for on my sammie so he put ham on i said it was fine...I wasnt too worried about not having beef....I did love my sammie very much as did mum...Julia had an omellet and Claire and Lisa had muffins...I had a minor tantie over not having any sugar for my hot chocolate they only had raw sugar...and when Justin asked me what I wanted it for and why...I had to look at him with my loving eyes and sweet innocent smile saying my hot chocolate just wasnt sweet enough....Me and Julia had a minor complaint about no marshmellows which was settled in seconds hahaha...and a bowl of them was brought out.
Claire and Lisa headed off back out South and Julia went not long after them, I managed to snap some photos of hubby in action lol he caught on to me taking them too and started moving faster and hiding but I manged to get one with him smiling and laughing in it.....
hehehe...and he told me to behave!!! He should know me by now I never behave around him.....because I know I get away with it....After the girls left I was alone with mum to watch Justin at work...I love watching him cook, it gets me inspired and he is one of a few people who were the reasons why I have remained at GPK as long a I have...I love watching Nick and Tim cooking too...but I dont think they will understand what it means to me. I want to stay there at least till Easter next year hopefully...but so that Nick and maybe Tim can teach me things I can use at Uni for when i do my Kitchen Operations Paper....if all else fails I will go up the road and seek out Justin at Latin Larder.
I gave Justin a big hug and kiss and finished off with a talk about work and where I want to go and stuff...it was good. Stop by the kitchen window at work and shoved my head in and said hello to Boo-Boo, Ashley and Philipe...Im like this is my Mum!! And Philipe is like hello Mum!! As i walked away I said to my mum so thats the french b****** that I have a love hate relationship with at work...
OH!!
And eggs DONT have Dairy in them!! I Asked Justin....hahaha I KNEW I was right!! Im not stupid like some people think I am....I understand Im just a "waitress"and that the "chef"is right over me but come on man.....How do you get Diary which is from a COW into a CHICKEN egg?? Sorbet is made with the egg whites from the eggs....which dont even have the protien part in them therefore making it ideal for a vegetarian too...
Ok I will stop rambling on about food...and leave it for another day...
1 comments:
Gosh how come I get so far behind so fast with your blog. . . I love that you write in it so often that must be good for the soul. Sounds like you had some in the last one and that is good!
Post a Comment