Jenna sent me a link with a couple of pics of some invites she liked on New Years Eve....tired and fustrted over it all, I spent a good week trying to track down something to make a sampler up similar to what she had found....of course using just the supplies I had in terms of black paper and card stock...the real ones wont be the same in terms of what is used to make them with...I hunted EVERYWHERE to find Red Rose Vellum and I couldnt find anything in New Zealand. As an alternative I used Red Rose Wrapping Paper.
The Red Sleeve was from scanning rose wrapping paper and printing the image onto Vellum....this didnt give an over good look, my printer made it look very dark and ink jets seem to print out very wet and it sits on the vellum and smudges easy when wet.....Im not sure how to fix this problem....Im not sure if Laser jets work better for Vellum in terms of printing on them. The Black Sleeve has plain vellum stuck over a piece of rose wrapping paper. And the invite is very similar with plain vellum over rose wrapping paper. I accidently ripped a little corner so had to trim a bit off and so thats why there is a border on it...it was originally meant to met at both ends....but I guess thats all part of changing the designs and altering it to how you like it...
The Red Sleeve was from scanning rose wrapping paper and printing the image onto Vellum....this didnt give an over good look, my printer made it look very dark and ink jets seem to print out very wet and it sits on the vellum and smudges easy when wet.....Im not sure how to fix this problem....Im not sure if Laser jets work better for Vellum in terms of printing on them. The Black Sleeve has plain vellum stuck over a piece of rose wrapping paper. And the invite is very similar with plain vellum over rose wrapping paper. I accidently ripped a little corner so had to trim a bit off and so thats why there is a border on it...it was originally meant to met at both ends....but I guess thats all part of changing the designs and altering it to how you like it...
I was greatful to have Jenna finally say YES to this design!! I can now go ahead and make the 50 invites, sleeves and envelopes for her wedding..!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment