Ive been spending the last few days pulling late nights to get these invites for Jenna all finished. It only took me two days to have them all done to the stage that all is left to do is print the info onto the vellum, I spent about 2 hours making 50 envelopes, another 4 hours making the sleeves and cutting out all the invites to size and the vellum and rose wrapping paper...with additional 2 hours getting them all stuck together and the holes punched and ribbon tied to them....I searched high and low for Vellum Tape but couldnt find any. I hate it when you know a store has it then they change their stock and you cant find it anywhere....I had to revert to getting Vellum Spray....which Ive never used before....
Jenna came over and together we went out and picked up her wedding dress and brought some shoes to go with it....haha can I say I was pretty proud of those shoes and Im sure they will look great on the day! They were the same colour as the dress and had little dimantes things on it like the dress...for a short moment of 20 seconds I felt like I was a maid of owner or some kind of wedding planner....that was until the door of her car hit me in the backside as I went to go climb in..! Once back home I got onto printing the invites out onto the vellum....and tested out the glue...and was all completed in about 10 mins...
That was when disater struck....!! And I was completely guttered....my heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest and my stomach did a big twist....my whole world came crashing down right then and there...
The problem was some minor little things:
1. As the Red Rose Wrapping paper was hand cut and rulled out, it wasnt all even on the edges.
2. The borders around each layer were not all even.
3. The vellum was in the wrong place and needed to be changed to what it was at.
4. Once the vellum was taken off and put back down the Red Rose Paper was left damaged in places.
Jenna came over and together we went out and picked up her wedding dress and brought some shoes to go with it....haha can I say I was pretty proud of those shoes and Im sure they will look great on the day! They were the same colour as the dress and had little dimantes things on it like the dress...for a short moment of 20 seconds I felt like I was a maid of owner or some kind of wedding planner....that was until the door of her car hit me in the backside as I went to go climb in..! Once back home I got onto printing the invites out onto the vellum....and tested out the glue...and was all completed in about 10 mins...
That was when disater struck....!! And I was completely guttered....my heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest and my stomach did a big twist....my whole world came crashing down right then and there...
The problem was some minor little things:
1. As the Red Rose Wrapping paper was hand cut and rulled out, it wasnt all even on the edges.
2. The borders around each layer were not all even.
3. The vellum was in the wrong place and needed to be changed to what it was at.
4. Once the vellum was taken off and put back down the Red Rose Paper was left damaged in places.
I didnt sleep overly well that night, I woke up early and kept thinking about them, Jenna wanted to change the whole design and I wasnt full keen on the idea of it, I know its her wedding but it took 6 months to get to this stage and it was something she was dead set on, I knew in such a short time we wouldnt be able to find the supplies for what she was wanting let alone be able to afford it, and at that one of the embellishments she wanted was going to cost her almost as much as her dress. We went on over to a scrapbooking store to see what we could find, originally on a mission to find these dimante ribbon slides, but instead with the support and talking with the staff I was able to use their large trimmer and gilotine....I was able to convince Jenna that we could stick with what we had original and remake them all again and I wouldnt charge her for the ones I was remaking...even though it was a big loss for me.....she agreed to it and we went off out to get a couple more rolls of the red rose wrapping paper by John Stands and some lunch also - and so that was how I spent the afternoon with her sitting there watching me cut them all to size with the help of the staff at NZScrapbooking...
*big salute to you lovely ladies and the wonderful gentleman working there*
We stopped by one more store to get some paper for the invite part to be printed on as we decided that the vellum just wasnt working for this...once back home we got to work sticking them all together, it helped having Jenna there to make sure everything was ok and to her liking...infact I believe she ended up sticking them all together this time...I had to make sure all the writing was correct and to the size she wanted before I printed them out, doing so we got underway with cutting them out by hand.....we finished them off with a border punch and were able to recycle the ribbon from the original ones...we changed a few things from the first ones made but at the end of it all I believe Jenna was happy and greatful to have them all done.
I still need to cost out the new design and make up a sampler for in my folder as I had no spear ones left over - I gave them to Jenna...somehow we ended up with more than 50...I dont know how that happened...
Here is the final design (less the envelopes I made for them) I think for future reference I might stick to three sizes only for the invites...so that making envelopes for them will be a bit more easier....that all depends on if I can find a template to cut them out with...instead of pain stakenly sitting there measuring and scoring...
Speaking of scoring just as I finished them all my scoring blade I won off Trade Me arrived in the mail!
*big salute to you lovely ladies and the wonderful gentleman working there*
We stopped by one more store to get some paper for the invite part to be printed on as we decided that the vellum just wasnt working for this...once back home we got to work sticking them all together, it helped having Jenna there to make sure everything was ok and to her liking...infact I believe she ended up sticking them all together this time...I had to make sure all the writing was correct and to the size she wanted before I printed them out, doing so we got underway with cutting them out by hand.....we finished them off with a border punch and were able to recycle the ribbon from the original ones...we changed a few things from the first ones made but at the end of it all I believe Jenna was happy and greatful to have them all done.
I still need to cost out the new design and make up a sampler for in my folder as I had no spear ones left over - I gave them to Jenna...somehow we ended up with more than 50...I dont know how that happened...
Here is the final design (less the envelopes I made for them) I think for future reference I might stick to three sizes only for the invites...so that making envelopes for them will be a bit more easier....that all depends on if I can find a template to cut them out with...instead of pain stakenly sitting there measuring and scoring...
Speaking of scoring just as I finished them all my scoring blade I won off Trade Me arrived in the mail!
Now what I need to now is going through the samplers I have already and work out the costs of them, and the costs of these new ones....


0 comments:
Post a Comment