Saturday, 18 December 2010

Christmas Cards and Gift Tags

Me and Simon got cracking into make some Xmas Cards, getting a bit late to send them out, but then we dont really get many anymore like we use too in the past.

I brought some embellishments from Spotlight for on them, I wasnt overly impressed that there wasnt much out in terms of Xmas stuff like there use to be a few years ago. I hate how you have something visualized in your head and just cant find the things for it - or you find them AFTER your alternative made your project....!



These stars had little circles on top of them to make them look like ornaments I guess but we cut them off and glued them onto the centre of the cards - this was a bit of a mission as they have alot of glitter on them and wouldnt stick down with most glues and tapes I tried, we eventaully tried modge podge and had to use the heat gun to set them. I then had to track down bling to go on the cards, I ran out of star brads and couldnt find them anywhere in the size or colour i needed - I found gold stars in the size i wanted...I found silver stars in a bigger size, spotlight had none at all, infact they seemed to have them all on clearance and at that i couldnt find any in their clearance lots. So I ended up getting some Karen Foster brads with rhinestones in them and changed all my cards around (so these photos are a little out of date, they show them with the original brad I had used for the first few cards - I ended up taking all these brads off and replacing them with the new ones I got - because I only had a few of these stars left in my supply.) I got a Cuttlebug Embossing folder with snowflakes on it to do the background and inked over the paper after I had embossed it.


 
We also made some matching Gift Tags to go on our presents (my tree colour has been for a few years running now Blue and Silver and I ALWAYS wrap our present to match this colour too).


Simon wanted to make a Xmas Card for his Aunt in England - it was designed to make her jealous he said she use to make them, infact he went into this whole thing about how when she gets the card she will probably ask me to start making cards for her...sadly we never sent this card off, he liked it to much that he didnt want to give it...his whole vision for it was another one like the one he made for his mum's birthday the other week - that whle front room sort of feel with a xmas tree, window, photo frames. Simon was actually busy changing light fittings in my scrapbook room while I was making this card so he was partly relying on me to do a good job and i was relying on him to tell me what colours and stuff he wanted, we did eventualy make it together - for example we had a tree drawing contest and mine sadly didnt make the cut, his tree did. Competitive arent we?? He wanted this card to be bigger than your adverage size card also....perhaps another reason why we havent sent it off cause we dont have anything to put it into!



Lastly is a card Simon made all by himself with no input from me, or me really knowing about it, he had attacked my stash...and was playing with the hot glue gun too.

0 comments: