Well today we had our Anatomy Scan to see how Pebbles is growing and to also find out the gender...Simon came alone to this scan, I went with with Orminston Road Hospital this time instead of going through my step mum's work at Ascot Hospital and having her settle the bill each time - much appreciated for the first two scans I had, but my last one I wasnt overly happy with the quality and care from the radiologist. All we paid for with this scan was the CD of the photos. It was important for Simon to be at the scan especially given this would be the one we would find out if we would be having our much hoped for little girl....or if we were going to have a little boy.
The sonographer was really great - he explained everything he was looking at, took photos of each thing, he took his time and didnt rush it. This was really good for Simon who has a fear of these being something wrong with baby. I was concerned we wouldnt be able to find out the gender as bubs had their legs tucked up to their tummy and thumb and hands up to their mouth (so much like me hahaha) - but he managed to get a view between the legs and we are very happy to say that we are having a little.......
GIRL!!!
Simon is happy he is gets his little girl he wanted so much - and Im glad too I wasnt overly interested in changing boys nappies...they have to much to clean...haha and it meant I got higher say over the name of her too!! We just coldnt agree with boys names....it was a big debate...names in general were but since he knows what we are having and has seen our baby on the scan, not just through photos, the name he said means alot more to him now....so he will be able to think of a name to call her. So far we have a first name I believe we have agreed too - the middle name I think its a battle...I know the name Simon really wants but I dont fully like it....so I have told him to pick the middle name...and that he can have as long as he likes to do so, doesnt have to be now...it can be at birth...which ever he prefers...
Here is our little girl at 18wk5d.
0 comments:
Post a Comment