I was meant to be getting ready to go over to my step sister's house to celebrate my step mother's 60th birthday...however I collapsed in the shower while I was getting ready. I had started to feel a little light headed, and brillaint me deciced to save water and time and share the shower with Simon....this actually worked out to be a good idea and a life saver I tell you, had I been on my own that door would of been locked more than likely..!
I dont really remember much - I remember as much as telling Simon I felt faint, and then blacking out - I can remember him talking to me, and him dragging me out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor - my hands and fingers started to bend right back, I believe I was having a panic attack or some sort I am not fully sure, I was finding it really hard to breath, and poor Simon we have only known each other a couple of days now...had a little freak out but knew he had to do something, I told him to call my mum (he was going to call an Ambulance) - my cellphone is set up to have free calling to my home number. I of course couldnt dial the number or hold the phone, so I had to tell Simon what he needed to push (simple process of hitting the last dialed number).

Simon managed to get me across the hallway to his room, dry me off, get me dressed, my bags all packed, himself a coffee, me some chocolate and somehow got me down stairs and my shoes on and me into the car....the plan was to go to the step sister's house for medical advice with my step mum being a Radiologist and my step sister also working at a hospital with Diabetes. However this ended up being a waste of time as no one really cared, after I had told them what happened and that I was coming....so it was a rush to get me to the hospital.
There was fear I was having a stroke - and I was seen to pretty fast because of this. I had my blood pressure monitored and an ECG done on my heart, all came back clear...though my heart rate kept on dropping and the alarms kept on sounding everytime I went into another episode of collapsing. Simon by this stage annouced he loved me, and was crying. My mum arrived after a while as I asked for her to come to the hospital, Simon doesnt know anything about me and mum would be the best person to talk to.
The dignose from this whole episode is that I have Postural Hypotension - Low Blood Pressure. When I am exposed to great heat such as is the case with a hot shower and no ventilation - so basically I have to be more careful when changing positions, I have to have a high intake of fluids, and to keep my body temperature cool, not stand in one position for too long, as the blood can pool in the blood vessels thush causing fainting episodes. When I get up from sitting down or lying down, even from squatting and bending over to pick something up I have to be careful and that I allow my body to adjust to the changes. 
Im so greatful and thankful that FINALLY I know have an answer for my fainting and dizzy spells I expereince multiple times a day. Greatful that it is nothing serious (seriously for a while I swear I got it into my head that I had a tumour or cancer or something bad like that). The positive thing about having this is that I am at a low risk of a heart attack or stroke!
FEAR NOT!! I have been cleared to be able to fly still on Monday to Christchurch..!!
PS. If your wondering why I am laughing in that first photo its because the nurse told us that we needed to update our facebook status and put a photo up - and she had told Simon to distract me while she put an IV line into my hand.
PS. If your wondering why I am laughing in that first photo its because the nurse told us that we needed to update our facebook status and put a photo up - and she had told Simon to distract me while she put an IV line into my hand.
0 comments:
Post a Comment