Monday, 1 November 2010

Auckland Road Trip with Luke

I decided to get to the airport slightly early, towards midnight to pick up Luke his flight was due in around 1am from Australia, and I had made a sign just for him - he was well aware I had made a sign as I told him, what he didnt know was what I had written on it. Luke thought it would say Cheeseburger because for some reason we keep calling each other food names, he started it one day randomly....Cheeseburger has been one of the most said names. HOWEVER no I decided to do something different and threw together a little sign that said "Blowing Rainbow Cloud" the reason behind this was because well we originally met online back in 2002 I think it was, on an MSN Group Luke created when he was a young boy, called Wicca Teen Family, it was through this group I met him and our friendship blossomed, eventually we became penpals not long after my parents seperated and just after me and Robbie broke up for the  first time. As our friendship grew we became like family, me calling him my little brother, him at times when we had fights and I told him where to go yelling at me YOU CANT LEAVE ME WE ARE FAMILY!!! FAMILY STICK TOGETHER!!! That was a silly little fight over something I cant quiet remember but Im sure Luke probably still has the emails from it - our second big fight we early this year when he was stressing over the whole volcanoe erupting and me with assignments.

Anyway - today there were no major plans, just drove around Auckland showing Luke nothing in particular, we went over to the Northshore and had a drink at one of the restaurants in Takapuna just down the road from where I use to work at GPK - that trip was so that he could see the Harbour Bridge, from here we drove through the city towards the Skytower then over to Mission Bay and Hernes Bay. We took alot of random photos up at the Memorial Park where the first Prime Minister of New Zealand is buried - made our way to Judges Bay somehow taking random turns and streets with no real direction or sense of where we were really wanting to go (my mum and dad use to go to this beach on dates) - this was all before heading back home and stopping off at the Fruit and Vege store to get a few more things for dinner.

Luke discovered Kumara (sweet potato) while we were there asking me what they were so I got some for him to try - he actaully loved them I believe. Dinner was corned beef - the REAL stuff not from the can that all my Pacific Islander friends love and the English seem to love too.... :s

All in all it was a brilliant day - just this whole surreal feeling of having Luke here, its like a dream and strangely weird at the same time that we have finally met after 9yrs of chatting away online to each other, in different time zones, chatting on webcam, texting and calling each other, sending the odd post card and letter and xmas card....and here is....right in front of me..! Tomorrow we are off to Rotorua and Taupo.

0 comments: