Friday, 25 December 2009

Christmas Lunch


We had lunch at my Uncle house for Xmas.....I tell you its so nice when my sister isnt there, I know that sounds really mean but sometimes she really can put a downer on things and in some cases can make a bit scene and try and be the center of attention. Past few have been pleasant with out her there and we can just relax and just be with family.....for thats what Xmas is all about to me - Family, being with those who you love and that mean something to you....a time to reflect, share and just relax and have fun. Its not all about the presents......sure the act of giving means something but its not all about the amount of money spent on something or the size or if its "in" this year with out financial constrance and the resession hitting my industry of work really hard, we have had to revert to home made presents - but what meant something to me about doing this was that is what it use to be like as a child. My Nana use to make us kids stuff all the time....and not once did we complain, Nana's stuff had sentimental value to it and to this day I still have alot of Nana's things shes made us, sure something things may not be in good condition now where its aged and changed colour or the glue and tape has deteriorated on it and bits are missing but it was special because Nana made it from her heart....and its something she was passionate about - and its where I guess my crafty stuff comes from...its in my blood.....that and I am Cancerian..!


This year mum made Meggan and Michael clothes, Meg got two skirts, and Mike got a pair of shorts and pants.....she also made them puzzles with pictures off the Internet of things they like, Ben 10 and Transformers for Mike and Hannah Montana, Saddle Club and Roald Dahl for Meg. They loved them...I love Michael on Xmas Day going BEN 10 BEN 10!!!!!! BEN 10!!!!!!!! And Meggan having this like aaaaaghhhhhhhhh who excited OMG its Hannah Montana reaction...The kids also got a few other inexpensive things from us - with it being Michaels 4th Birthday also....his presents were split up - to make it even I gave Meggan her belated birthday present from me - some earrings that I got cheap from the Chemist.


I think the best thing about Xmas this year was probably spending it with my younger cousins....though I dont see them much its amazing how they come running up to me and give me big hugs now....and stay close to me.....we had a big massive water pistol fight - I got totally soaked but it was well worth the laugh and fun...!


Just to show you how much fun - and I thought I was going to be safe behind the camera - this totally proved that one wrong -  I made a video of us kids out playing with the water pistols. I well you next year Im going to come better prepared!!! Actually Im looking forward to Xmas next year as my little brother Luke will be down from England. He leaves for his big OE in April and Im super excited, he is starting out in Bangkok and HongKong then going down to Melbourne, Australia working then finishing off down here.....Im just hoping he will be here for my graduation which is at the start of December...!!



0 comments: