Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Fresh Produce....yummo!

Theres a new fruit and vege shop open up the road - and I struggle to find GOOD produce that is FRESH and a good price...and of decent size and protions and what not....and I use to always look for this when I was doing the stock shopping for the cafe I worked at couple of years ago....I always loved doing the shopping...I knew just what to look for....colour, size, smell, texture and PRICE...there would be days when I would be given money and I wouldnt have enough so paid out of my own pocket...not because I didnt buy what wasnt on the list but because I was consious about the choices I made and what I was cooking with and giving to my customers to consume.

So yes, went to this new place...the lighting was bad its was flicking and your tripping out from the lights in there - they had things really cheap which is cool...but some things werent good like their tomatoes were over ripe, as were their advocados, and their lettuce was a bit maingy...so I by passed those and brought a few things...I did however run into my good friend who is my fab hairdresser - Bex...loves her to bits I do...it was her first time there too and we were talking about healthy eating and stuff...lol it was great fun....had to crack up that Kewpie got out of the car and came running into the store - I picked Kewpie back up and return the puppy to the car...where little Pinkie was laxing back with her other big puppy...

From here I went to another fruit and vege shop to get more veges - can you guess Im making a salad?? Lol...and my salad needs lots of flavour and colour in it! And variety!! Got my shopping then headed to the supermarket to get some stuff to make a cheesecake...and to get Abby some more food and bones...

Speaking of Abby - Im still yet to find one of her fave toys - the Pink Squeaky Bone....I think I got one the same for Betsy last year also...

Well Im off to make my salad....

0 comments: