Thursday, 4 December 2008

Kapiti Coast Road Trip '08

I write this from atop of my silver rubbish bin - the one that matches the black one Rob has (if he still has it lol I dont think he does some how...hahahaha - ohhh remember that day two years ago or so when i presented to you the rubbish bin full of lush products towels, and cleaning products and other smellies and a calander and what ever else it was i put in there....I really did look after you well then didnt I??)



Anyway so Im back from my holiday and Kapiti I really should have started this blog back when i went down but i was just having way to much fun with my best friend Jade and Rhiley and stuff!! To even bother writing in my blog! I mean I had to stop the car in Taihape to write my postcards and send them off!!!! Because I didnt do them when i was in Kapiti!



So Thursday morning I finished packing, said goodbye to my mum who was off to the Mayor's Party, and said goodbye to Abby, Bullseye and Piper and last put not least but my hand upon Sid's grave....not knowing how I would get through the week let alone what i would be like once i got home with out him being there...



I spent about an hour in Lake Taupo soaking up the rays - and being flooded with memories of the times me and Rob have spent there.....the fun and mischief we got up to while at the Parental's holiday house down there....soooooo gorgous it is, I love Taupo always have and always will...from the moment we drove in I fell in love with it.



It took me about 7-8 hours to get there - Jade hasnt long put Rhi to bed when I got there - we were soooo excited to see each other since we havent seen each other since June 2007! But we were also scared and shy of each other for some reason - guess we just had to get use to be around each other again and not talking via the computer and texts...lol...but I ensure you once we thawed out you couldnt break us apart...! It was so cute when she brought Rhi out still asleep and left him on the couch and went to the door - to have him crawl into my arms - havent not seen me since he was 4 months old....and even then when i met him he was asleep! Lol



Our first full day together we didnt do much, we went to the mall had a look around let Rhi ride in a Bob character car thingy...got some cute photos to do a scrapbook page with then went back home...We spent the night scrapbooking the photos of Rhi on the bob ride on...the page is looking good even though its half finished - have full faith in your Jade to finish it off with out my help lol - team effort!! hahaha



The second day we went off to Lindale Farm and spent a couple of hours or so there - the two of us were dressed up in a summer dresses...Jade in white and me in black...(Im starting to take on Bex's simplicity of life in black and white lately....so much is pouring through into my themes and stuff for MEB) anyway had a big blast at the farm....took some AWESOME photos that I can not wait to scrap!



Sunday saw us at Chipmunks for Rhi's best friend's second birthday -though Im not fully impressed with them - honestly people serving RAW chicken nuggets is NOT cool!! Nah uh!! That is just completely and utterly wrong! I then went through to Poirua where I did a bit of window shopping and walked out with a Tee Shirt for Jade - she LOVES my black tee shirt with the rine stone cross on it - and wanted me to let her know if i found one similar...which I did but instead of telling her I brought it...hey it was actaully on sale too..! And given the chances of me going home and telling her and her saying I should have got it or wanting it it may not be there - so I got it while I could - she loves it...lol. We now have matching or well similar tops now - hers is white and mine is black (again with the simplisticity of life) I also brought a present for Justin...lol not saying what but Its funny lol...I will show a pic later...We finished the night off playing Singstar...



My last day there was monday we packed everything up took some last photos of us together...since we didnt get any the first time we met - hugged each other good bye....to follow but another hug at the gas station...lol...and it was off I went on my merry way...



I detoured through Feilding to see my cousin Martin and his new wife Nicole...I havent seen them since last year in September when i stayed with them for a week...when marty thought I needed to get out of the city after my m/c and stuff...and thought it might be an idea for me to move there and work in Palmerston North - how ever that didnt happen I started to get a bit depressed..so anyway caught up with him and had a look at their wedding photos...



It was off home after that - I made a stop in Taupo to get something to eat, and one in Huntly for more gas...and I was home...and Ive been pretty much bumming around since..


The complete load of photos I took!!


A video for you to watch hehehe - this farm is pretty awesome I must say!




Check out more of my videos from my trip on my YouTube Channel - most of them can be found after this video and there is a link to my channel on my side bar down there :p

0 comments: