Saturday, 5 July 2008

Presents!!!

Ok so my bday went well till I had to go to work and remember how i said I feared going in to work.....see this is where the ESP kicks in....I knew something would be bad - and I knew I would be either on front section (outside smoking tables) or runner (running meals out and stuff...) - and yea I was Runner - I was late to work - traffic was banked back to Otahuhu (I work 45KMs away from where I live - its a 30 min drive on a good day on a bad day like it was on Thursday it can take up to an hour if not more, I remember when I was coming home from my interview at work it was Easter it took my 3 hours to get home....)


My mum has it set up on the landline so I can call home free from my Telecom mobile, and I ring her when Im late for work because I dont have credit on my phones to be able to make calls only to text..so mum rang to say I was going to be late (sometimes I ring before work and let them know im leaving...this we have started after I got my first warning at work for being 10 mins late I wasnt to know I would spend 30 mins once I got to work trying to find somewhere to park) So mum rang and said I would be late and my boss was really rude to her on the phone....and I noticed that he was in a faul mood when I got in and asked him if he wanted me to clock on - I always ask if they want me to clock on....

Well anyway the night ended with him giving me my final warning...WTF!??? Saying Im not performing well and stuff...(yea how does one do their job and stuff when you always have me on either Front Section which has little to no one on it....or runner which basically has me just running meals out to tables...) - and to be told that Im out on my ass if i make one more mistake....


So yes now Im job hunting again....I question myself as to why I was so stupid enough to lower my standards and go down the scale with my Job from Hotel to a cruddy restaurant....where Im use to something more higher standards....where I meet people from all sorts of backgrounds with all sorts of adventures....to this place where its the same old same old nothing new nothing exciting....no one famous.....I think everyday of that day when I met Sir Roger Moore at the hotel....how many people can say they were longest running James Bonds actor's waitress..


Anyway...I thought Id post pics of my presents I got...





Claire gave me the refill pages for my albums

Julia gave me the album

Mum gave me the knives and storage boxes


Michelle gave me the Embellishments.

1 comments:

michelle said...

I am so sorry about your job. . . hang in there you are to good at what you do something better will come along that I am sure of! I know it is not easy and it hurts but form the sounds of it you did nothing wrong!