Wednesday, 18 March 2009

DHM Kitchen Operations - Lesson 5 Practical

Chocolate Cafe Biscuits



Bit guttered I was on Monday - I rushed to Uni and got my Jacket Ironed and I had all my uniform there - my Jacket, Apron and Scull Cap....went running up the stairs to Level 3....got changed and IT WAS GONE! My scull cap was gone so I ran back down to level 1 and it was gone..I couldnt find it anywhere....some of my class mates were at the iron and I asked if they had seen a scull cap they just looked at me and snobbed me..(I seriously hate them they talk all through class like in Financial Operations for example then say they dont understand it and the lecturer fustrated tells them its their own fault for not paying attention...I hate people like that!)

Anyway so I went into the class after putting everything in my locker and my lecturer asked me how my weekend was I told her what had happened...and yea...checked the group roster to see who was sous chef as our groups were still the same from last week - half our class was away so we were reduced in numbers and there was only one sous chef...i said I would be sous chef again which was ok...we had three actaully, I was watching over them and giving them advice and telling them what they had to do...I was also chef de partie for my kitchen...
We were only an hour into class when the fire alarm went off for a fire drill...never mind having it drilled into us what had to be turnt off and what not in the case of a fire I didnt turn the ovens off...I was going to but I was like but no that means we have to reheat them blah blah...and I will admit minor panic....it was more so the nosie from the alarm that forced that on..lol...my lecturer said did anyone turn off the ovens etc etc...I said running down the stairs with her nooooo dont you get it we need to be able to drool over the hot fire fighters and have them save us and carry us out in their big strong arms in a dazzed dreamy state over the fantasy....she looked at me and said if you must Bronwyn....I had to laugh..


Apple and Date Cake with Coconut Topping and Caramel Sauce





Finally let back in and it was back into baking....we made an Apple and Date Cake with Coconut Topping and Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Brownie Slice and Chocolate Cafe biscuits....soooo good! All part of our assessment that are - well the cake is....the boys got in trouble it turnt out that the whole kitchen was only meant to make one cake one brownie...one lot of biscuits i think...hehehe! Though my Brownie came out nice and moist the boys left theirs in way to long...Im not going to be the one to tell them when to pull it out they have to be the judge of that and learn...I have expereince in brownie cooking from the cafe...but yea...Im there to help and assisst but not do everything for them....and you only learn the hard way...but making mistakes and cock ups..our cake wasnt that greatest though....I think for the assessment I will chop the date and apples smaller and of course we will have bigger pans...

Looking forward to tomorrow night...

Chocolate Brownie Slice

0 comments: