Photo: Poppa, Nana and Uncle Paul (My mum's parents and oldest brother)
Well today is a special day....
Its my Poppa's Birthday - he would have been 80 yrs old today, however he passed away 23 yrs ago when I was three weeks old. I love my Poppa so much, and though growing up I didnt really care much as I was only 10 days old when i met him the one and only time, and I was 3 weeks old when he died and when I went to his funeral....I dont remember anything....so I have only photos of him - sadly none of me and him together, but those I have of him are enough for me!
I couldnt make it up to his grave for his birthday again this year - I was going to go up last year, only my car broke down in the driveway and I had to wait for Mitsi Motors to come out and fix it with the new part..the last time I went to his grave was in 2006 I believe it was, I caught the train into the cemetry and walked up to his grave - swearing I was going to die on my way up lol...but I made it... I remember that day i searched high and low for some roses to put on his grave....but I have been up since, I went up about a month or so ago. The bonus of where Dane lives is that its just up the road from the cemetry my Poppa is buried at...
I have such fond memories of going to see my Poppa with Rob....hehehe like the time we were out doing a steel delivery and we stopped by to see the family, and went toilet, I got stuck and my phone was in the truck...and Rob was standing outside..I stood inside and was trying to open the door I heard Rob call "are you stuck??" I said ummmmmmmm........yes i am...he laughed and opened the door...and said to me...our family is up there cracking up at you right now....!
Its also a special day as it would have been the day Gummi was due on - Gummi would have been a year old this year! To think I would have had a toddler running around had he lived!
So to finish off - Happy Birthday Poppa and Happy Birthday Gummi!! Watch over your baby brother that Daddy gave you for your birthday hunnie!! And guide daddy through each day - the two of them are going to need you alot now...! Your our little Angel hunnie!! We love you so much...
Well today is a special day....
Its my Poppa's Birthday - he would have been 80 yrs old today, however he passed away 23 yrs ago when I was three weeks old. I love my Poppa so much, and though growing up I didnt really care much as I was only 10 days old when i met him the one and only time, and I was 3 weeks old when he died and when I went to his funeral....I dont remember anything....so I have only photos of him - sadly none of me and him together, but those I have of him are enough for me!
I couldnt make it up to his grave for his birthday again this year - I was going to go up last year, only my car broke down in the driveway and I had to wait for Mitsi Motors to come out and fix it with the new part..the last time I went to his grave was in 2006 I believe it was, I caught the train into the cemetry and walked up to his grave - swearing I was going to die on my way up lol...but I made it... I remember that day i searched high and low for some roses to put on his grave....but I have been up since, I went up about a month or so ago. The bonus of where Dane lives is that its just up the road from the cemetry my Poppa is buried at...
I have such fond memories of going to see my Poppa with Rob....hehehe like the time we were out doing a steel delivery and we stopped by to see the family, and went toilet, I got stuck and my phone was in the truck...and Rob was standing outside..I stood inside and was trying to open the door I heard Rob call "are you stuck??" I said ummmmmmmm........yes i am...he laughed and opened the door...and said to me...our family is up there cracking up at you right now....!
Its also a special day as it would have been the day Gummi was due on - Gummi would have been a year old this year! To think I would have had a toddler running around had he lived!
So to finish off - Happy Birthday Poppa and Happy Birthday Gummi!! Watch over your baby brother that Daddy gave you for your birthday hunnie!! And guide daddy through each day - the two of them are going to need you alot now...! Your our little Angel hunnie!! We love you so much...
0 comments:
Post a Comment