Apple and Date Cake with Coconut ToppingWe made desserts tonight.....and once again we made that darn cake to try and master is for the final assessment - Ive almost got it nailed...Ive figured out that I need to get it made fast and in the oven as fast as possible and then out of the oven and straight into the chiller for as long as I can to get it chilled enough that when its cut it doesnt cave in the centre....as not only will one piece of the cake be presented but the whole cake also so it has to look really good with no centre bit missing.
Poached ApricotsWe worked pretty well with just three of us in the team. This is my first time working with Zane and Im hoping to have him in my final team for assessment - I was informed today that I am one of the chef de parties - but I had already guessed that.

Apple and Blueberry Crumble
We also practise Chocolate Run Outs....and designs of plates...all of this is to add up in the final assessment.
0 comments:
Post a Comment