Saturday, 28 June 2008

Lots and lots of buttons - and its HERE!! My new toy!

Well its 1.20am on Saturday Morning I guess and its really windy and raining outside - I havent long gotten back from the airport I was meeting my best friend there between her joining flights from WGN to AKL to the UK - only well after two hours I couldnt find her anywhere at the international terminal... :( I was almighty sad as we havent seen each other for 13 months now - I can say that winter is here alright. I picked my niece up from school today - my mum and her brother were in the car waiting...and I just cant get over the number of little kids in this weather - in WINTER in tee shirts and shorts for the boys and the girls in their callotes... (sp???) - and BARE FEET!! I saw my niece with no shoes on coming out of the hall and when I met her in the class room I pointed to my shoes with a questioning look and she lifted her foot up to show me she had shoes on - they were slip on jandel thingies...so it was straight to the shoe store to get shoes for her and my nephew who had none on - its hard buying shoes for him he has semi clubbed feet and they are really chubby and big and wide and yea! But we got him some gumboots (wellies as his dad calls them since he's english - or MY BOOTS as my nephew says) and my niece some black school shoes. With stritch orders from me saying these are your shows for school for the next two terms - till october...and when ever it is raining - your roman sandles are for the other two terms when its sunny and hot. No wearing jandles or sneakers to school - this is your uniform...

I was going out to get me a laptop for uni - only to find out that the one i was looking at and the deal was actually from last week...argh..and the guy was trying to sell me a different - i ended up screaming I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS!!! And I stormed out of the store after that. Im waiting for one of my other best friends to tell me which one would be better to get - actaully what would be better was for him to come OUT with my shopping for it - hes my IT guy...my computer nerd...he knows this stuff...he can put it into simple terms for me this jargon stuff....like I said to him mother one night at dinner - if you asked me what a beef sirlion with red wine jus and garlic mash was id say to you a steak with red wine sauce and mashed potatos with garlic in them..lol

Anyway - when the weather was somewhat fine today I headed over to Claires and we went and got a refund on the fiskar cutter thingy she got me....bless her big heart she has...lol. They over charged her for em...We then went and had a perve at more scrapping stuff - I walked out with a punch thing for my thank you package for my friend Anne whos putting me up with a place to stay when im in CHC. And then I also got me a bag of small zip lock bags to put me buttons into for the button swap on the Fiskateers site...(and a nut and fruit bar for me to eat - since I hadnt eaten at all...)

So yes...who knows maybe tomorrow i will attemp some pages....before I go to work at 6pm for my 7pm start...

0 comments: