Thursday, 19 June 2008

Out and About with Friends


Well today started off really early for me - now Im no morning person Im really grumpy in the mornings, I hate them, especially in the cold. And I seem to go to bed late and wake up late when Im in the City as opposed to going to bed early and waking up early when Im staying in the country.

But today started at 7am for me, thats when I woke up and I was dressed and back into bed and reading my book by Dr Kathy Recies - the author to the inspiration of "Bones" then I went out and checked my emails and carried on some more with my scrapbook page of my curtisy nephew and before long my friend Claire was at the door ready for our big adventure back into the Closing down sale at Scrappers Delight in Mt Eden lol. But first we diverted to St Lukes Mall to meet up with Julia - this was Claire's first time meeting Julia, but I had already met her on monday since we work down the road from each other. We looked around in Farmers then went to KMart as they had a sale on and I wanted to get a Fikars Shap Cutter Starter Kit - only they had none - typical when things you really want are on special they either dont have them get a small supply in thinking they wont sale or they are sold out....and KMart are nasty people and dont have rainchecks - and now Im in pure rage with them - I will explain later why. Julia and Claire got some goodies....me I went with out since I couldnt find what I was after - not even refil pages - which Im struggling to find for my albums I have.

From St Lukes we went to Mt Eden and have a perve around and I got some paper for my Thank You RAKs Im sending off to Kris and Michelle and I got some more ribbon like what I got last week but in colours I didnt have :p ...and I got a little book about Cats for Anne - for when I go down to CHCH next month and stay with her...so lovely she is being to me and going way beyond expectation! We went to a cafe for coffee and munchies. I got a Hot Chocolate that personally tasted like utter shyat. And so not worth its $4 - even adding sugar to it made no difference. It was very watery tasting. And I dont drink coffee but I am a big consure when it comes to these kind of things. I mean helloooo I work in the Hospitality Industry and its where my passion and love lies - I am as bad with food - and yes I have to a comment on my $3.50 Mixed berry, custard and chocolate muffin - The tartness of the berries and the chocolate custard didnt go well with each other to be honest lol...personally I would have made it white chocolate with berries - maybe blueberries...and a tiny bit of plain custard...but hey I ate and drank what I had..Lol we should have just gone to GPK in Mt Eden..it would have been much cheaper with my staff discount...

Julia departed and Claire and I went to Manukau to Spotlight I cant remember why I was going to get cardstock probably but I havent a clue - or was it for blings?? But got some ribbon packs to go with my Thank You RAKs for Kris and Michelle and some ribbon to finish my layout Ive been working on, and I got some rinestones (blings) also. We then went over to KMart there - and no suprise they didnt have the cutter I wanted and they rang around and NO ONE had them - and I said to them well look this is faulse advertising - they didnt have the Lil Davis scrapping stuff they had on sale for 50% either - and again I said to the lady no Im sorry but your seriously breaching the consumers act - you cant advertise things that you dont have. Its illegal. She goes to me no its not at all, this is Australian owned (yea I know that) and we have the same specials as they do over there - I said thats a load of B.S.

So Im humming and harring as to if I take them to Fair Go or to the Consumers Garantee Commision.


Well now I have photos for my Bakrers Dozen Challenge page on the Fiskartee's site - i know I was going to take a photo of an elephant but like I said we went a different way!! But its ok I have something sorted for that and the crown, and the raindots I have now (thanks Michelle)...hmm handkerchief...lol..Im sure I can sort something out to get the rest.


New Page is in the "My Album" slideshow...

0 comments: